Today's Quote

I have learnt that you need four times as much water, twice as much money, and half as many clothes as you think you need at the outset -- Gavin Esler

Monday, December 30, 2013

Old joke for the New Year

What do you call 6 months of travel, 18 new countries seen, 28500 miles flown, 5000 miles traveled by train, 30 books read, hundreds of people met, dozens of new animals seen in the wild, 24 dives, 19 World Heritage sites visited, and thousands of photos taken?

A good start!

Since I started this blog, it has received over 3000 page views, which I find pretty impressive considering the number of people I've told about it, and that it consists of whatever ramblings that I can put together to break up the photos. It's been a wild year, both before and after I jammed all my worldly possessions into a storage unit and started traveling almost six month ago. At times it's been thrilling and occasionally dull, I've seen spectacular sights and depressing scenes, spent time with interesting people and been sad to say goodbye to them - in short, it's been life, but I feel like I've been paying more attention to it lately than I have for years. It's been an incredible experience and I can't wait to see what 2014 brings. I miss all my friends and family, but I appreciate your emails keeping in touch and notes letting me know that you're enjoying reading about my adventures, and I hope to see many of you again before too long, but in the meantime I'll have to be satisfied with saying Happy New Year!

Wishing all my friends, old and new, a year full of excitement, adventure, and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment