Today's Quote

I have learnt that you need four times as much water, twice as much money, and half as many clothes as you think you need at the outset -- Gavin Esler

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

10.5 hours ahead of DC? What's with the extra half hour?

Since internet access is likely to be spotty for the next few days, I just wanted to let everyone know that I safely arrived in Mumbai (the city formerly know as Bombay) at 3:00am local time. Since then I've checked into one hotel, slept, checked out, checked into the guest rooms at the Mumbai International Society for Krishna Consciousness*, walked the streets for several hours, drank a refreshing green coconut from a street vendor, rode in a tuk-tuk (motorized rickshaw), and ate an enormous plate of Indian food for dinner. I think that probably is enough of a good start for the first day.

I had a great time in Croatia, Montenegro, and Serbia and got some great photos which I'll post later, but for now I'm going to concentrate on not getting hit by cars, not rinsing my toothbrush with tap water, and enjoying India.

* Yes, really. But don't worry, I'm not converting, just staying in a peaceful, cheap, clean, and safe room.

1 comment: